• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket with the wrong offense date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kate1234

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new york
Hi,
I was going off the LIE exit 36 and before I can slow down to the local limit I was stopped by a police officer for speeding - 60 over 35 miles zone. The officer wrote down the offense date as 2/23/09 on the ticket instead of 1/23/09, will this dismiss the speeding ticket? If not, what is the chance for me to fight this ticket in court? Or what should I say to the judge to not make this case worse than it should be (I don't want to upset the judge)?
Thanks
Kate

You Are Guilty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new york
Hi,
I was going off the LIE exit 36 and before I can slow down to the local limit I was stopped by a police officer for speeding - 60 over 35 miles zone. The officer wrote down the offense date as 2/23/09 on the ticket instead of 1/23/09, will this dismiss the speeding ticket? If not, what is the chance for me to fight this ticket in court? Or what should I say to the judge to not make this case worse than it should be (I don't want to upset the judge)?
Thanks
Kate
Kate,
The wrong date is not a defense. And at 60 over, if you want to avoid losing your license, I'd strongly recommend you hire a local traffic lawyer to go to court and argue your case for you.

davew128

I suspect she meant she was doing 60 in a 35. Not that I condone that either, but not many people can be doing 60 above a 35 speed limit (as in 95 MPH) and live to tell the tale.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">