• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket. wrong person?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spoom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I received a speeding ticket and everything is wrong. not my d/l #, not my name, not my address, not anything. a completely different person (even a different sex) was on my ticket.

in fact, the only thing right on this ticket is my car information (tag, model, etc) and the fact I was speeding.

I called them to see if they had a ticket in my name and they don't but this other person does.

should I even bother going to court?

thanks,
spoom

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I received a speeding ticket and everything is wrong. not my d/l #, not my name, not my address, not anything. a completely different person (even a different sex) was on my ticket.

in fact, the only thing right on this ticket is my car information (tag, model, etc) and the fact I was speeding.

I called them to see if they had a ticket in my name and they don't but this other person does.

should I even bother going to court?

thanks,
spoom
Was this ticket given to you on the spot or did you receive it in the mail? Do you know who this other person is?

Jim_bo

Yes… you should go to court. The “ticket” you signed is actually a “promise to appear”. You have signed a document (whether your name was on the top or not) promising that you would appear. So, you should go and ensure that you have the clerk stamp your copy of the ticket or do something to validate that you did actually appear. Then, when your name is not called… you go home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">