• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johntakiyama

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Oregon
I was driving from Oregon to California and received a ticket in Redding, California for going 110mph in a 65mph zone. It was down a steep hill and it was a straight away with barely any cars around me and I got a little carried away. So now I have to return to Redding at the end of next month for court to face a huge fine and points off my DMV record. I've been trying to get a hold of the Office who gave me the ticket but he will not return my phone calls. If I do get a hold of him will it be possible for him to reduce the speed on the ticket to 100mph(which will greatly reduce my fine)? I know radar guns can be inaccurate by give or take 10mph so I hope this is possible so I can just pay the fine without returning to Redding. Also when I was driving back I got a ticket in Medford, Oregon for going 71 in a 55. I was going the same speed as all the other drivers and was trying not to speed because of the previous ticket, their were semi trucks going faster than me, but I do drive an Integra, the officer looked kind of racist. He turned his sirens on and I tried to pull over but he passed me and turned his lights off and parked off to the side of the freeway. I assume this is when he used the radar to get my speed, even though their was a car in front of me and a car beside me going the same exact speed. He then pulled me over and told me I was going 71 in a 55, even though all the signs I saw said 65 and 55mph for trucks. What should I do? The court date for the second ticket I got is before the first one. Should I go to that one and plead guilty and try to get the option of traffic school? (These are my first tickets and I will never go on a road trip again) Should I go to the second one and try to get the ticket reduced to a speed of 100mph? And how would I go about doing so? Thanks, any advice is greatly appreciated.

johntakiyama

It is a red integra, the majority of those that drive these are either hispanic or asian. I was going the same speed or slower then surrounding drivers in the middle of a predominantly white area.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I was driving from Oregon to California and received a ticket in Redding, California for going 110mph in a 65mph zone. It was down a steep hill and it was a straight away with barely any cars around me and I got a little carried away.
The hill wasn't THAT steep. And it doesn't matter how many cars were or were not around you. A little carried away?

I've been trying to get a hold of the Office who gave me the ticket but he will not return my phone calls.
Must be because he's racist too. :rolleyes:

Don't expect any phone calls. Plea bargaining is dealt with in court not over the phone. Plan for a trip back to Redding.

If I do get a hold of him will it be possible for him to reduce the speed on the ticket to 100mph(which will greatly reduce my fine)?
You won't get a hold of him.

I know radar guns can be inaccurate by give or take 10mph
You know nothing of the sort. You are totally wrong.

their (sic) was a car in front of me and a car beside me going the same exact speed. He then pulled me over and told me I was going 71 in a 55, even though all the signs I saw said 65 and 55mph for trucks.
Maybe you missed a few. If everyone was speeding that is not a free pass.

(These are my first tickets and I will never go on a road trip again)
You will have to when you go back to court.

The problem isn't your road trips - it seems to be that you can't drive at a legal speed. Must be your Integra.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">