• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Tix & Child Abuse?! Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SnipeX

Hi! My sister-in-law (who is 26) just called and she just received a speeding ticket for 100 in a 75mph (I agree very excessive) in Colorado. The problem comes in that my baby niece, brother-in-law and additional sister-in-law were also in the car. The cop pulled the baby's mother out of the car and yelled at her telling her she was an unfit mother for letting my sister-in-law drive 100 in a 75. The driver received 2 tixs - one for speeding and the other for child abuse. Child abuse is a serious charge. What will happen now with the court date and the child abuse tix? What steps should my sister-in-law now take?

Thank you in advance for any advice/info. that you can provide!!

spawn_x

sorry to say it but serves her right.

too bad the passangers weren't ticketed for allowing her as well.

child abuse? I would say child endangerment, which is VERY likely to stick.

go get a really good lawyer, she's going to be in a lot of ****.

here in los angeles, anything over 99mph and you are screwed... i am not sure about NC..

K

Kaz the Minotau

So what reason did she give for driving 100 mph. with other people in the car?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">