• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Tix Issued in the Wrong Name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ghost Dog

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I am a driver from New Jersey. I was recently stopped just inside Philadelphia on I-95 (right before the airport) by a state trooper. I was by myself, driving 85, no seat belt. He got me fair and square. But he wrote the two tickets with my driver's license number and my wife's name (the reg. is in her name even though I pay for the car.) She is down on the tix as the driver - my name isn't on the ticket at all. How do I fight/get out of this tix considering he put the name of a motorist who was not even in the car as the driver? I don't want to come to court to fight it because I don't really live that close to Philly.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I don't want to come to court to fight it because I don't really live that close to Philly.

Then you may have to pay them. You can't usually fight something like this by mail!

Is you license number and DOB on the tickets?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Well that may complicate things then.

You cannot fight this remotely.

Either you need to appear in person, or you need to retain a local attorney (local to Philadelphia) to represent you and deal with the matter.

You may want to try calling a few to get an idea about what kind of a case you have and how much it will cost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">