• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding in Toronto - Missed Court Date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

googleboy

I received a ticket at the end of Dec in Toronto, and I've been so busy traveling that I totaly forgot about making a court date to fight the ticket in question. Now I just received a letter stating that i've been convicted of SPEEDING in the amount of $140. (probably some points involved) I dont even mind paying the ticket but the points I wanna fight.

Is there any way I can reopen this case to make a court date trial?
Conviction Date: Feb 3 2006

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
googleboy said:
I received a ticket at the end of Dec in Toronto, and I've been so busy traveling that I totaly forgot about making a court date to fight the ticket in question. Now I just received a letter stating that i've been convicted of SPEEDING in the amount of $140. (probably some points involved) I dont even mind paying the ticket but the points I wanna fight.

Conviction Date: Feb 3 2006

Thanks in advance for your replies.
TORONTO as in Canada???? US LAW ONLY -- PLEASE NAME YOUR STATE!

sukharev

googleboy said:
As a general rule of thumb, no. You can call the court to ask that question, but you should be glad that there is no arrest warrant out there for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">