• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding/Traffic School

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DCooler

What is the name of your state? California.

So I screwed up. I was caught speeding on the highway through an aircraft. I've never gotten a ticket before, as I'm a college student with a previously perfect driving record. I'm at a loss on how to approach my traffic ticket. Honestly, I would much rather just pay the fine and go to traffic school. However, I don't think I will qualify for traffic school because of my high speed. I know, stupid me and I deserve the ticket. I've been seriously regretting it. I'm usually a very cautious driver but today was just one of those days. I was wondering on how I should approach this situation. Should I plead guilty and possibly make a case for traffic school with the judge? Or is this just a hopeless case? What other options do I have? Thanks.

JETX

I'm at a loss on how to approach my traffic ticket.
Pretty simple. If you are guilty, accept the consequences of your conduct... and pay the ticket. Of course, you can ask the court for defensive driving, but your post fails to provide any information as to whether that might be available.

You don't mention any details to know how serious your ticket could be but your objective at this point should be to minimize the damage (especially insurance impact).

If driving school is not enough help, an attorney has the best chance to provide assistance.

Jim_bo

What is the name of your state? California.

So I screwed up. I was caught speeding on the highway through an aircraft. I've never gotten a ticket before, as I'm a college student with a previously perfect driving record. I'm at a loss on how to approach my traffic ticket. Honestly, I would much rather just pay the fine and go to traffic school. However, I don't think I will qualify for traffic school because of my high speed. I know, stupid me and I deserve the ticket. I've been seriously regretting it. I'm usually a very cautious driver but today was just one of those days. I was wondering on how I should approach this situation. Should I plead guilty and possibly make a case for traffic school with the judge? Or is this just a hopeless case? What other options do I have? Thanks.
You were caught via aircraft?? So, exactly what were you charged with? In the violations section of your ticket, it should say something like VC22349(a). Also, what are the other particulars? Who pulled you over? How do you know an aircraft got you? Was he using radar or laser? What highway were you on? What was the posted speed limit? How fast did the cop say you were going?

California really is an easy state to beat traffic tickets, but you can't be vague about your situation if you want help.

Jimbo

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">