• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding, Trial by Jury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DigitalSC

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Hello community.

I recently recieved a county level ticket for speeding on a country road. This occured during daylight hours, dry sunny weather, with 2 other vehicles following behind me. The officer was oncomming. Upon recommendation, I decided to select a trial by jury for this ticket. After further research at these forums, Ive found this can be quite expensive and necessitate a lot of court time. Additionaly, I was notified that by selecting trial by jury I waived rights to a layer.

Therefore, if anyone can provide some insight as to the usual process for a jury trial involving this type of activity it would be helpful.

I would also like to know if its possible to change the plea or trial type on or before the set court date, and what should be done to reduce expenses as much as possible if going to trial is required.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide..

Last edited:

DigitalSC

pojo2; thank you for responding.

I am considering this as an option, however, I am unsure at what point this option will come up with a pending trial by jury.. If you can provide more info I would appreciate it.

DigitalSC

Any further advice anyone might have to contribute would be appreciated.

I am currently attempting to learn if it is possible to prevent a jury trial after it has been selected.

Thanks in advance..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">