• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding in VA : Reston

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vamrsr

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I was caught speeding at 35/57. I was not aware of the speed limit and new to this place, Have a court date soon. Any idea how to reduce it or get it cleared out. Never had a ticket last 10 years. Please help me.

When i was caught had MA license and changed it to VA license couple of weeks back.

CarrieT

poohmantbb said:
They don't expect you to memorize the speed limits... They provide many signs along the road.
Well thats not true. Many many times Ill turn from one road onto another and not see a posted speed limit sign for a mile or more. I was told by an officer that Im supposed to 'know' what the speed limit statutes are (for instance, that on an unmarked state highway the speed limit is 50mph) or that Im supposed to research the road I intend to drive on before driving on it. I think it should be LAW that there is a speed limit sign at ANY intersection where the speed changes. Why? Because recently I have watched the officers sit 100 yards down from the intersection and pull people over for speeding, since the turn is from a 45 zone TO a 35 zone but not marked until well down the road.
Carrie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">