• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding "Violaiton on an Interstate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PKG555

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

My son received a speeding ticket on an interstate. Can he plead "not guilty" to the speeding violation and plead guilty to a lesser offense to avoid getting points on his license?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

My son received a speeding ticket on an interstate. Can he plead "not guilty" to the speeding violation
Yes
and plead guilty to a lesser offense to avoid getting points on his license?
Maybe - maybe not.

How old is your son?

PKG555

Moving Violation on Interstate

My son is 21. According to the ticket he was clocked doing 85 in a 45 zone

PKG555

Moving Violation on Interstate

This is my son's first violation. I have no doubt the car, an older Toyota Corolla, cannot even do 85 mph. I do not have the ticket on my, but yes the ticket did specify the tracking device. The ticket also stated miles followed 1.50 and miles timed 0.50.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This is my son's first violation. I have no doubt the car, an older Toyota Corolla, cannot even do 85 mph.
My old Pinto could do 85 easy. I think you need to take off the rose colored glasses.

OP may wish to read the most recent PA ticket thread ... might have a chance in court ...

Thread was labeled "PA speeding ticket" , RAYPA started it on 11-25-11

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">