• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Violation in Georgia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ugaking

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I received a citation for driving 86 mph in a 70 mph zone. If I plead "no contest", will the points go on my driving record?

lwpat

The ticket will go on your record for insurance points. GA courts will usually give you 3mph. Show up for court and negotiate for a 14mph ticket that will not be entered on your record. Despite what the ADA will tell you, Nolo is usually not a good idea.

ugaking

Thank you for the reply. I am in Atlanta . . .

and received the ticket in Adel, GA, not too far from Valdosta. Long drive. Any recourse via mail?

Betty

The only thing I can think of if you don't want to travel to court but want to "fight" the ticket, would be to hire an attorney to represent you. People do this for out of state tickets they receive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">