• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding violation, Need advice for the court trial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Wisenut

What is the name of your state? california

I got speeding ticket driving over 65mph at 80+ mph. I was going with the flow of traffic in right lane and someone car was behind me. Officer pulls me over and told me that he was going on 80 mph and I have passed him with 80+ mph. I told him I was going with flow of traffic and my speed was below 80mph.He spare the car behind me and told what I have to say should say in court. He gave me ticket VC22349A.:(

I have court trial date on 04/21/2008. I want to do trial by declaration. I have got many extensions. My date of appear was 12/19/2007 which I extended to 03.18.2008 and finally 04.21.2008 trail date. Am I still eligible for the trail by declaration? What do you suggest? How can I win the ticket? If officer appears in court, under which laws or loop holes can I convince judge that I am right and officer is wrong. :confused:

I will highly appreciate immediate response and consultation in this regard. Thanks

FlyingRon

"Going with the flow" is not a defense.
Chances are it's a "my word against his" about your actual speed, which you will lose if he's there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">