• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Violation In Saratoga

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

waynewilliams

What is the name of your state? New York

I was stopped for speeding in Saratoga Springs New York. I was cited for going 55 in a 30.

I have a couple of questions:

1) What is the Fine/Surcharge for that vehicle infraction ?
2) The officer stated that I was slowing down, but not in time. I was coming from an area that went from a 55mph zone to a 40mph zone then down to a 30mph zone. The 40mph zone was designated by 3 40mph signs in a row. The 30mph zone posted only one sign before I reached a traffic light where I proceeded to take a right. I was pulled over after I took the right.
My question is this: Don't I have until the 2nd 30mph zone sign to fully deccelerate to 30mph ??

Thanks for your help

seniorjudge

waynewilliams said:
What is the name of your state? New York

I was stopped for speeding in Saratoga Springs New York. I was cited for going 55 in a 30.

I have a couple of questions:

1) What is the Fine/Surcharge for that vehicle infraction ?
2) The officer stated that I was slowing down, but not in time. I was coming from an area that went from a 55mph zone to a 40mph zone then down to a 30mph zone. The 40mph zone was designated by 3 40mph signs in a row. The 30mph zone posted only one sign before I reached a traffic light where I proceeded to take a right. I was pulled over after I took the right.
My question is this: Don't I have until the 2nd 30mph zone sign to fully deccelerate to 30mph ??

Thanks for your help

Q: Don't I have until the 2nd 30mph zone sign to fully deccelerate to 30mph ?

A: No; the speed limit changes at the sign.

lwpat

Supposedly you are to send in the ticket with either the guilty or not guilty box checked. Then they will advise you of the fine or your court date. Usually if you plead not guilty, they will hold a pretrial hearing and offer you a reduction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">