• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding in Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Alienbob

What is the name of your state?I live and recieved my ticket in the state of virginia, city of virginia beach.

I am 16 years old, i have only had my license for 4 months. I am not one of those teens that speeds or races down the street. The road changed from a 45 to a 35 and i was unaware. My ticket is going 50mph in a 35mph zone. I was going 15 mph over the designated speed limit. I would like to know what my best bet to make sure this does not go on my insurance record.

If it ends up going on my insurance, i will lose my job, i will lose my ability to drive to school, my ability to drive around town, and basically i will be grounded for a long time. (i will also have to pay all of my insurance if it goes up and i will not be able to... because i will be losing my job thanks to my parents)

Please help me out guys!
:eek:

Alienbob said:
... because i will be losing my job thanks to my parents)
And is it really their fault?????? Quit blaming others...

Anyhow, see if you can plead down to a non-moving violation. Search threads for other Virginia posts.

lwpat

Check with the court to see if they will accept online traffic school and the ticket not go on your record. I doubt it becasue of your age but you can always ask. If the ticket goes on your record you will have to attend an eight hour school anyway.

Bcar1463

traffic school definatly sounds like the best bet, I would go for that or some sort of deferred sentence, or maybe community service. The best thing to do if you absolutly can't have it go on your record is to get a lawyer. And if this goes on your record now, your insurance will go way up for at least 3 years. And if you havn't told your parents yet, go ahead and do it. I have seen this 100 times, they always find out in the end. They will probably be much less mad knowing now then finding out when they get a jacked up insurance bill.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">