• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding/Wreckless Driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hannahbnanah

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

Just recently I recieved a speeding ticket/wreckless driving ( going 90 in a 65 zone ), I got wreckless driving because it was 25 miles per hour over the speed limit. Unfortunately I am going to be unable to hire an attorney to represent me so it looks like i'll be representing myself. I am worried about losing my license and getting point on my license. I have researched Prayer for Judgement, have no idea how this works or if it would even be a good option for me. This is my first speeding ticket since I was 16 ( I am 21 ) and then I had hired an attorney to take care of it. This is all new to me and I really need some useful advice on what I should/could do to avoid the points and more importantly losing my license. All advice is welcome. Thank You!

Hey There

ANSWERS to you questions are a click away.

4-7-08

hannahbnanah
Type in Prayer for Judgement on the Google Search Window. Websites on the first should answer your question .
Speeding Ticket FAQ and
Speeding Ticket--Fighting or Plea Bargaining
typed in on Google give information including the rights of a driver cited for a traffic violation and guidelines on contesting a traffic violation in court.
Licence revoked for at least 30 days if convicted of driving more than 15 mph over the speed limit, at a speed higher than 55 mph.(Source NC-DOT):(

North Carolina reckless driving typed in on Google gives more facts
The New Criminal Discovery Rules typed in on Google gives Discovery rules for North Carolina.
It is essential that the method the officer used to cite the driver is known in order to conduct a proper defence.
Speed is measured by Pacing, VASCAR, radar.
20‑140. Reckless driving. (Is this the citation referred to
as well as another citation for speeding?)
(a) Any person who drives any vehicle upon a highway or any public vehicular area carelessly and heedlessly in willful or wanton disregard of the rights or safety of others shall be guilty of reckless driving.
(b) Any person who drives any vehicle upon a highway or any public vehicular area without due caution and circumspection and at a speed or in a manner so as to endanger or be likely to endanger any person or property shall be guilty of reckless driving.
(c) Repealed by Session Laws 1983, c. 435, s. 23.
(d) Reckless driving as defined in subsections (a) and (b) is a Class 2 misdemeanor
Were other drivers endangered at the time? Taking evasive action?
Honking horns? Laying rubber?
****Some lawyers will give a one time consultation for no charge or a minimual fee ($50.00). Yellow pages in the phone book may have a few listed who do this.****
According to a book published by NOLO on fighting traffic tickets
(2005) The District Court hears the case initially.
Appeal Procedures are from the District Court Magistrate to the District Court Judgefor a new trial. After that appeal may be made for a jury trial from District Court Judge to Superior Court.
And North Carolina Traffic Schools typed in on Google brings up websites with points for traffic convictions and how traffic school can remove some points.

Best Regards,
Hey THere

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">