• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding in WV with a TN license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

djsomi

Hi there... so I got a speeding ticket in Morgantown, WV which is for 59 in a 50 zone but I have a TN license. My question is whether or not I will lose points for this ticket on my TN licence? Also, is this detectable by the insurance companies? Thanks... :eek:

Last edited:

Don't know what kind of road you were on at the time, but this may provide some wiggle room:

§17C-6-3. When local authorities may alter speed limits.
(c) Authority to decrease fifty-five mile limit. -- Whenever local authorities within their respective jurisdictions determine upon the basis of an engineering and traffic investigation that the speed under this chapter upon open country highway outside a business or residence district is greater than is reasonable or safe under the conditions found to exist upon such street or highway, the local authority may determine and declare a reasonable and safe limit thereon but in no event less than thirty-five miles per hour and subject to subsection

(e) Alteration of limits on state highways in municipalities. -- Alteration of limits on state highways or extensions thereof in a municipality by local authorities shall not be effective until such alteration has been approved by the commissioner of highways.

djsomi

Hey thanks...

Once last query... I was told to try and ask for a motion for dismissal. Then wait 10 days, and if the motion isn't addressed within that time, the ticket is automatically dismissed. Is this true?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">