• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speedy trial right

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mechan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa are you entitled to a trial within 45 days in pennsylvania for a speeding ticket. If they schedule you after 45 days for court after pleading not guilty can my case be dismissed?

latigo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa are you entitled to a trial within 45 days in pennsylvania (sic) for a speeding ticket. If they schedule you after 45 days for court after pleading not guilty can my case be dismissed?
45 days? How about 365?

"Trial in a court case in which a written complaint is filed against the defendant shall commence within 365 days from the date on which the complaint is filed." Pennsylvania Rules of Criminal Procedure - Rule 600 Prompt Trial Time for Trial - Section(A)(2)(a)

This assuming that the constitutional right to a speedy trial and/or the above Rule even applies to minor traffic offenses, which I am not prepared to say nor about to trouble with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">