• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speedy Trial Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

When your at your arraignment and you say not guilty, and the Judge says you have you bail amount and you say no, the judge gives you a time on the such as 30 days later to bail the bail amount and get your trial date, which whould be again 45 days from then is that grounds for Dismissel?

your "Not guilty plead" that day is registered in the system and the cop that day should be aware of that being registered, am i correct?

and if you where to such as 30 days later pay you bail amount and request for you trial with 15 days giving you yoor 45 day limit and the judge denyes that?

Last edited:

I_Got_Banned

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

When your at your arraignment and you say not guilty, and the Judge says you have you bail amount and you say no, the judge gives you a time on the such as 30 days later to bail the bail amount and get your trial date, which whould be again 45 days from then is that grounds for Dismissel?

your "Not guilty plead" that day is registered in the system and the cop that day should be aware of that being registered, am i correct?

and if you where to such as 30 days later pay you bail amount and request for you trial with 15 days giving you yoor 45 day limit and the judge denyes that?
Still trying to figure out a way out of this ticket? How about this...

Man up, and pay up!

Jim_bo

Still trying to figure out a way out of this ticket? How about this...

Man up, and pay up!
Nice job. Way to help an OP.

Agent, if the judge allowed you 30 days to pay, I would bet money he also had you sign something. You probably didn't read what he had you sign was a waiver of your right to a speedy trial.

I_Got_Banned

Nice job. Way to help an OP.
Jim, this OP's been helped many times, by many people (including you), and in many threads...

He has no defense. Feel free to prove me wrong on this one. He's is only attempting to manipulate an overburdened system by adding to that burden.

You can argue that my advice is unhelpful; I, on the other hand, will still insist that for all involved, including him, it is the BEST advice he can ever get... ANYWHERE!

Jim_bo

If you call defending himself in court to be "burdening the system", then I do disagree strongly with that point. Regardless of the apparent obvious nature of his guilt, he still has a RIGHT to present a zealous defense. Futhermore, I would encourage him to do so.

My point to you was that if you don't want to help, then you should just ignore his post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">