• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pizza4749

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

I received a sppeding ticket on 12/5/07. The ticket instructed me to report to traffic court on or before 1/27/08. When I showed up, the clerk informed me that my ticket was "not in their system." She explained to me that it appeared that the officer had not turned it in. I asked her what I should do and she said to check back in 10 days. When I showed up again, I was informed that the ticket was not in the system. This was the second week of February. I called on 3 additional dates to find out if the ticket was posted and each time, I was told it had not. Today, April 2, 2008 I received a notice from the court to report on April 10th for disposition on this ticket. My issue is this, doesn't the officer have to turn in this ticket on a timely basis? Since he didn't turn it in on time, I feel like my due process has been denied.

The Occultist

Due process is not an issue here, as you are still entitled to it; your concern should be your right to a speedy trial, so you should look into your local laws as to what time period would exceed the appropriate amount of time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">