• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Which state points do I get?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

visu

Hai All,
Good morning to all. This is my firstpost. I was stopped by a COP in NY. I was then with a Virginia license and now license changed to Pennsylvania. I plead "not gulity" by mail and the court hearing is being postponed by me from about 6 months. My record doesn't have any violations till now.
Now my question is :
After the trial, if I need to get some points or fine, would it be based on the Virginia license as I had that at the time I was stopped by cop or based on Pennsylvania license as I have it at the time of judgement?
Virginia records these points on my record but not Pennsylvania. Thats the reason for my question.
Thank you.

HomeGuru

visu said:
Hai All,
Good morning to all. This is my firstpost. I was stopped by a COP in NY. I was then with a Virginia license and now license changed to Pennsylvania. I plead "not gulity" by mail and the court hearing is being postponed by me from about 6 months. My record doesn't have any violations till now.
Now my question is :
After the trial, if I need to get some points or fine, would it be based on the Virginia license as I had that at the time I was stopped by cop or based on Pennsylvania license as I have it at the time of judgement?
Virginia records these points on my record but not Pennsylvania. Thats the reason for my question.
Thank you.

**A: move to Canada.

visu

Hai sukharev,
Thanks for the reply. So if I say this to the court, then there won't be any kind of trial now? Or is it just proving me guilty or not?
Thanks.

sukharev

No, you don't need to say this in court. What you do is talk to officer/DA before trial, and see what he has to offer. It will likely be reduced charges in exchange for guilty plea. Take it and don't even go to trial. Pay on your way out. Or, if traveling to NY is more expensive, just change your plea to guilty now and pay the fine by mail.

visu

Thank you very much

Thank you very much for your advise. I will talk to the officer and see what I can do. It is a expensive for me to take a day off(losing that day's pay) and traveling to NY. Also if I hire a lawyer, it takes me atleast $250 and the fine I may be paying for reduced charges. It looks like the viable solution is pleading guilty and paying the fine as I don't get any points.
This forum has really helped me a lot.
Have a good day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">