• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statue of Limitations for a speeding ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stumpy

What is the name of your state? Texas

Im not from Texas, but I got a speeding ticket about 2-3 years ago there; 20 over in a work zone. My question: Is there a statue of limitations? I was told by a police officer when I got home not to pay it. 'You can't be formally charged if you never paid'
Ive been worried ever since, but the fine was well over 700 which I didnt/dont have. After reading on another post in this site that the Sat of Lim doesnt run out crossing state lines (DUI/DWI) kind of has me wondering. Anxiously awaiting

racer72

There is no statute of limitations. The SOL only applies to being charged, that happened when you were given the ticket. Google "States Drivers License Compact" and/or "Non Resident Violators Compact". And don't be surprised if your current license is suspended.

ceara19

stumpy said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

Im not from Texas, but I got a speeding ticket about 2-3 years ago there; 20 over in a work zone. My question: Is there a statue of limitations? I was told by a police officer when I got home not to pay it. 'You can't be formally charged if you never paid'
Ive been worried ever since, but the fine was well over 700 which I didnt/dont have. After reading on another post in this site that the Sat of Lim doesnt run out crossing state lines (DUI/DWI) kind of has me wondering. Anxiously awaiting
There is no STATUE of limitation on speeding tickets, but the is a STATUE of LIBERTY on ellis island.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">