• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute Limitations/1993 citations/indefinate license suspention PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

My fiance has not had a license for about 20 years. We requested a restoration letter from Penndot, which has listed 3 traffic citations, all occurring on the same date, in 1993....indefinate suspentions)....he says they were for driving with illegal plates/inspection, and one is for no insurance.
His lawyer says they are past the statute of limitations, and could be removed, but the lawyer wants $1200......the fines are only $650, so would be kinda stupid to go the lawyer route.
So, I called the magistrate's office today asking questions, and she said there was never a plea entered on these, so he should send a letter, stating if he wanted to plea not guilty or guilty, and scedule a hearing. I was confused as to why no plea was entered after all these years, and questioned her on the statute question, told her about the lawyer, etc. Her reply was, "He doesn't need alawyer to do that, but we cannot do it over the phone, but he can scedule a hearing, and then request it".
Can anyone explain if a statute of limitations applies here, or where I could look up the facts?

The Occultist

Statute of Limitations refers to the time between when the crime occurred and when charges were pressed. The charges were pressed when the tickets were written, so SoL should not apply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">