• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute of limitations for moving violation in Nevada

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ksnail

I live in California and got a moving violation in Nevada in 2000. I never dealt with it and then went to college and completely forgot about it. I want to deal with it without going to jail and paying thousands of dollars. Is there a statue of limitations in Nevada for moving violations. How would you suggest that I proceed. Thanks

racer72

Is there a statue of limitations in Nevada for moving violations.
Yes there is, it is one year. The SOL is the time between when the infraction occurred and when you were cited. This probably took about 30 minutes or so, that means the SOL has tolled and is no longer an issue. When you failed to take care of the ticket, a warrant was issued for your arrest. This warrant does not have an SOL.

How would you suggest that I proceed.

Contact the court house in the jurisdiction that issued the ticket and find out how much you owe. You can pay the fine and late fees by credit card over the phone or send a check or money order. Go to the court house and they will take cash too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">