• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statute of Limitations Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mahler444

I received three traffic tickets from one stop in a little town in Missouri back in 2000 or 2001, I cannot remember. The tickets were for speeding, not having my license, and not having proof of insurance. I had a license, and had insurance, I had just forgotten my wallet and I was driving my girlfriends car and could not find her insurance information. Anyway, I received some mail back when I lived in Missouri about a warrent being issued, but I was finishing school and moved to Arkansas. Now I live in Ohio. I was just wondering how this works. Is there a statute of limitations on this sort of thing? I do not even know who I would need to call if I wanted to take care of the tickets now, but I would like to get some advice on this.

Thanks

justalayman

a warrant remains active until the issuer recalls it or it is served. If there was a warrant for your arrest before, there probably still is.

The Occultist

Is there a statute of limitations on this sort of thing?
Statute of Limitations only applies to the time between when the violation occurred and when you were charged. You were charged when you received those tickets all those years ago, so SoL no longer applies to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">