• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute of limitations on suspended license?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jeffreyd

What is the name of your state?

California.

Hello, my driver's license has been suspended for quite some time due to failure to pay speeding tickets as well as failure to appear. I called the DMV today to ask what I need to do to reinstate my license. They gave me three citations that need to be paid, and also told me that I need an SR-22 through 3-9-05. The dates that these citations were initially given are:

5-16-01
8-02-01
8-10-01

All three citations are in collection and are very expensive. It was my understanding that driving records only last three years. Today is the three year date for the most recent ticket. Is there a statute of limitations here? Will there ever be a point when I can reinstate my license without paying these citations? Does the date that my SR-22 needs to be through have anything to do with this? Will I be able to reinstate my license after 3-9-05 without paying these citations? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Jeff

D

dan148

jeffreyd said:
What is the name of your state?

California.

Hello, my driver's license has been suspended for quite some time due to failure to pay speeding tickets as well as failure to appear. I called the DMV today to ask what I need to do to reinstate my license. They gave me three citations that need to be paid, and also told me that I need an SR-22 through 3-9-05. The dates that these citations were initially given are:

5-16-01
8-02-01
8-10-01

All three citations are in collection and are very expensive. It was my understanding that driving records only last three years. Today is the three year date for the most recent ticket. Is there a statute of limitations here? Will there ever be a point when I can reinstate my license without paying these citations? Does the date that my SR-22 needs to be through have anything to do with this? Will I be able to reinstate my license after 3-9-05 without paying these citations? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks...

Jeff
Reinstating Your License Back
"Your privilege will remain suspended or revoked indefinitely until you comply with all reinstatement requirements, including actually receiving a license. There is no time limit or statute of limitations.

If your license is suspended or revoked because of an active court case such as Failure to Appear, you must resolve all of the criminal charges before your license can be reinstated"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">