What is the name of your state? Arizona
In 1996 I was stopped for a broken taillight and was given a ticket for that, plus expired registratio, no insurance, and driving with a suspended driver's license from Washington State.
The following day, I received the exact same ticket.
Two weeks later, again, I received the exact same ticket.
Before you criticize me, I was 18 years old living on my own while in college away from home. So I was stupid.
With that said, right now there is a bench warrant in Arizona for failure to appear on the driving on suspended license which also carries a $862.00 fine. As well, the total fine for all of the tickets is at $5062.00 plus the $862.00.
I have paid the ticket in Washington State and cleared the suspension. However, Arizona suspended my driver's license (even though I did not have one in Arizona) and now I am in the National Registry as suspended and have not been able to obtain a license since 1996.
I have sent two letters to the Phoenix Mucipal Court explaing how stupid I was and how I married and tring to support a family and would like to find a way to clear up everything and get my license back without having to pay $6000.00 in fines.
Basically Phoenix told me to shove it each time and says I have to pay the fines AND appear in front of a judge in Arizona to clear everything up.
1) I don't have anywhere near that kind of money.
2) The thought of appearing before a judge in Arizona scares the **** out of me because and attorney in Arizona told me once that he had a simular case and the man paid the fines and they still threw him in jail.
I have a couple of questions:
1) Is there a statute of limitations on the traffic tickets?
2) Is there a statute of limitations on the suspension and bench warrant?
3) Is there anything else I can possibly do besides pay the tickets?
Thank you very much for anyone who can help me with this mess, I have tried for a long time to resolve this but have not gotten anywhere with the court systems.