• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Statutes on Speeding Tickets?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NeedHelpInVegas

What is the name of your state? NEVADA

Hey guys, I got a speeding ticket in Searchlight, NV. (a one-horse town - literally!) on vacation in summer of 1996. We were heading to Laughlin from Las Vegas. I got an 85mph in a 65mph. I was a Washington state resident at the time. I never got a ticket in the mail or anything after I went home, except for the pink slip officer gave me.

Well now 2003, I just moved to Las Vegas. When I go to the DMV with my Wa. license here in Vegas to get my new Nevada DL, am I going to be hauled off to jail? Is there a bench warrant for my arrest?

Does this 1996 speeding ticket go away after a period of time? What is the statute of limitations on this? :confused:

take care of this ASAP. there may be a warrant issued.

I am assuming your traffic ticket was an infraction, if a misdo, then don't drive.

Either way, if you get pulled over now for something else, there may be some serious penalties for FTA (failure to appear) from the prior charges.

Just go to court and get an add-on to the calendar or call first since you say it's a one horse town.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">