• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Still No License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GOTROBBED

What is the name of your state? NC
I hired an attorney in NC payed all fees attorney and court to take care of old tickets that had put my license in a revoked stauts and prevented me from getting a license. My attorney said after reviewing my case that after my cases were closed i would be eligable to get my license back within a week or 2 after the case was done. But since the way my attorney argued the cases he got them taken care of but I now have to wait 3 years before i am eligible to get a hearing to get my license back. since then i have spoken with my attorney and he says thats not true and should be able to get them the way he argued it DMV says different. Now i have for the past year tried to find out why and contacted my attorney and he will not answer or return my calls I live in another state and it's hard to travel with no license across 3 states. my tickets were for 1speeding and 3 driving on a suspended or revoked and a failure to appear. the DMV said that the court will recognize the prayer for judgements but they only recognize 2 and therefore have to wait . What can I do i can't wait 3 years to get a license drunk drivers can get privledges and i can't.What actions can i take against the attorney to get him to fix this? BBB or Bar Association?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">