• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stole my DL and got speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

billyb247

What is the name of your state? I live in southern California.

I just got notified by my auto ins co. that my license has been suspended for failure to appear for a speeding tix.

The ticket was written back in August 05, 400 miles away from where I live(near San Francisco), to someone driving a car not even close to mine, and who's description does not match me.
The court sent correspondence to an address 400 mile away from me.
The only thing that matches me is the name and DL number. Obviously someone stole my ID.
I called the court and they will not allow my to handle the matter down here.
Can anyone tell me the best way to handle this?
Need help fast.
BillyB

CdwJava

You might try calling the agency that supposedly issued the ticket and see if they can provide you any information ... such as how the officer got the information for the citation, and whether he took any photos or prints of the subject he stopped so that you can prove it was not you.

Unfortunately, this will likely take a court appearance on your part to clear up. You might also call the DMV and see if there are any options they can perform (such as temporarily staying the suspension of your license) while you pursue the matter.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">