• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stolen License Plates & Tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Corwin

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Recently I received 2 tickets in regards to a car that had license plates I didn't know were missing until I received the tickets. I haven't owned the car the plates belonged to for almost a year and the tags were expired around the same time.

I did not know the plates were missing until now and have filled a stolen plates report with the Police. The vehicle the plates were taken from for the tickets is a completely differrent car (according to the ticket).

I would like to know if I'm still responsible for the fees or if there is a way to convince the court that I'm not responsible.

I have a feeling that since I didn't file the stolen tags report until after the tickets were issued that I'm still responsible.

Please help out if you have any advice

Thanks,
Corwin

C

Corwin

Does bringing the Police report to court help if I didn't report them stolen until after the tickets were issued?

M

Mike101

It will only not help if you are lying. If you didn't know till after the fact...you didn't know. So it will help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">