• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stop sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CrispyFish

What is the name of your state? ohio
hi, i am 17 years old and i recived my 2nd moving violation recently. i lose my lisence if i am convicted and i cant beause i goto college, high school and i have a job. i had court today and i denied it so i have a pre trial set for oct 4th. the thing is.. i ran a stop sign in my school parking lot! it wasnt even on a raod, it was on school sproperty, on their driveway. so i was wondering if that was city property? plus i was wondering if there is a minimun height for stop signs because it is a short one. if anyoen has ANY info that can get me out of this, or get the violation knocked down to a non-moving violation, email me or reply. thanks!

racer72

If the stop sign controlled traffic onto a public road, the stop was legal. And guess what school property is? Yep, that right, it too is public property. If you can see the sign, the heighth does not matter. You should talk to a local attorney more familiar with your local ordiances that could help your cause.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CrispyFish said:
What is the name of your state? ohio
hi, i am 17 years old and i recived my 2nd moving violation recently. i lose my lisence if i am convicted and i cant beause i goto college, high school and i have a job. i had court today and i denied it so i have a pre trial set for oct 4th. the thing is.. i ran a stop sign in my school parking lot! it wasnt even on a raod, it was on school sproperty, on their driveway. so i was wondering if that was city property? plus i was wondering if there is a minimun height for stop signs because it is a short one. if anyoen has ANY info that can get me out of this, or get the violation knocked down to a non-moving violation, email me or reply. thanks!

My response:

You said - -

". . . i cant beause i goto college, high school . . ."

Well, you're not only confused about which school you attend, but regardless of that, and with your spelling and grammar skills, you're definitely not the "poster person" for education.

If our writer is the Valedictorian for his/her school, can you imagine what the other students must be like?

IAAL

Bravo8

Re: Re: stop sign

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
If our writer is the Valedictorian for his/her school, can you imagine what the other students must be like?
Yes.....just like the seeming majority of posters here. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">