• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stop sign ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carlmich99

What is the name of your state?Virginia
I got a ticket tonite. The officer cited me for a Stop sign violation. The problem I have with it is that the sign is not visible. The sign is over 10ft from the ground and it is placed over 15 ft prior to the intersection. The sign is placed on a power company pole and because of where is placed the lights of my car did not even give a reflection. The officer was parked in front of a building lot about 10 to 15 feet from the road itself on the left side. I have been driving on that corner for the last three years and that is the first time I have been stopped at that location. After the officer left, my car was overheated so I sat over there and watched as car after car did the same thing I have just got cited for. I am not sure it is fair but I want to know if anyone knows whether is there anything about where the traffic sign is to be placed and how far from the intersection it should be. I thank everyone for their help...
Carlo

JETX

carlmich99 said:
I got a ticket tonite. The officer cited me for a Stop sign violation. The problem I have with it is that the sign is not visible. The sign is over 10ft from the ground and it is placed over 15 ft prior to the intersection. The sign is placed on a power company pole and because of where is placed the lights of my car did not even give a reflection. The officer was parked in front of a building lot about 10 to 15 feet from the road itself on the left side. I have been driving on that corner for the last three years and that is the first time I have been stopped at that location. After the officer left, my car was overheated so I sat over there and watched as car after car did the same thing I have just got cited for. I am not sure it is fair but I want to know if anyone knows whether is there anything about where the traffic sign is to be placed and how far from the intersection it should be. I thank everyone for their help...
Very simple. Take pictures of the sign, its location and visibility. Then take your pictures to court and present your case to the judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">