• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stop sign violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

steenone

What is the name of your state? michigan

i received a ticket for "disregard stop sign". i did not disregard, i came to a stop, although a very brief stop, did not stay there long :)...however, i did not disregard, did not cause any problems, proceeded to a stale light to turn left, it changed to yellow, i stopped, then turned left and got pulled over, no other traffic present except police who did a u turn behind me to wait at light with me and pull me over on the turn. is there any other infraction besides "disregard" with 3 points? i know i did not stay stopped long, but i was aware and was not running the stop, but since no traffic and a long approach with clear view i did not need to stop long to be sure it was safe to proceed, should i ask for hearing or admit on ticket? thanks.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">