• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stop Sign Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cindy95008

What is the name of your state? California

I stopped at a stop sign for at least a minute as I was up in the mountains looking at a map. After I figured out which way to go, I put on my signal and turned right. I then made an almost immediate right into the campgrounds I was going to. The sheriff in an SUV followed me into the campgrounds, asked me what I was doing here, and then told me that at the top of the hill, my front wheels were in front of the retaining line at the stop sign. ??? He admitted that I stopped completely so that is not an issue. He sited me for DVD 22450(a) stop sign violation. Any suggestions??????????

Happy Trails

cindy95008 said:

I stopped at a stop sign for at least a minute as I was up in the mountains looking at a map. After I figured out which way to go, I put on my signal and turned right. I then made an almost immediate right into the campgrounds I was going to. The sheriff in an SUV followed me into the campgrounds, asked me what I was doing here, and then told me that at the top of the hill, my front wheels were in front of the retaining line at the stop sign. ??? He admitted that I stopped completely so that is not an issue. He sited me for DVD 22450(a) stop sign violation. Any suggestions??????????
**Yes, make sure you stop completely behind stop signs.

rmet4nzkx

cindy95008 said:

22450. (a) The driver of any vehicle approaching a stop sign at the
entrance to, or within, an intersection, or railroad grade crossing
shall stop at a limit line, if marked, otherwise before entering the
crosswalk on the near side of the intersection.
If there is no limit line or crosswalk, the driver shall stop at
the entrance to the intersecting roadway or railroad grade crossing.

Do you know how long he was observing you? Did you see him there or only after you started driving again. There could be several possible defenses at the same itme there could be problems with your inattention while looking at the map and not pulling off the road to look at it, while you were stopped, you were also in an intersection and could have been a safety hazzard.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">