• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stop Sign Violation in Delaware

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smithneil

What is the name of your state? Delaware

Recently I was cited for a stop sign violation after failing to stop completely. I was given a ticket for $45 and was told by the officer that it's a minor violation since I didn't deliberately run the stop sign and would not be assessed any points on my record. Is he right or is he just trying to prevent me from going to court.
Please let me know

FlyingRon

What is the name of your state? Delaware

Recently I was cited for a stop sign violation after failing to stop completely. I was given a ticket for $45 and was told by the officer that it's a minor violation since I didn't deliberately run the stop sign and would not be assessed any points on my record. Is he right or is he just trying to prevent me from going to court.
Please let me know
Sounds like a story to me. It looks like 2 point violation to me. You can inquire at the court house or wherever it is you submit the fine before you do so.

If you didn't fully stop, what are you going to gain by going to court?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">