• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stop sign violation which I did not violate and may get me into larger trouble.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zarc

Stop sign violation which may get me into larger trouble.

It happened in Arkansas
I received a traffic ticket saying failure to yeild stop sign. I want to know whether I should fignt for it, because I may be liable for an accident. I also want to know whether I should act now because the court date is held about three weeks later and my insurance company does not receive the police report yet, i.e. it does not know the other party, damage, etc...
The accident is following. I was at the stem of T intersection, completely stopped once and moved forward but was still behind the main stop sign. A car, x, came from left side and crashed to another car, y, which was at the intersection, facing left and waiting for the incoming car to pass. Police came and issued me the traffic ticket, perhaps from the statements of drivers of x and y. Damage to both car seemed minor but one is towed. A driver and a passenger of the car Y left by an ambulance.

The police did not explain at all and just gave me a ticket and said me to go to the court if I have any objection. X must want me to be liable, and perhaps her statement matched with the statement of y. There are two stop signs, the main one and the other, which is situated about a car length behind the main stop sign. The stopping line on the road was almost gone. If I jumpped into the road, it was me who got hit but my car has no scrach at all.

Last edited:

mandella07

same sitution I'm in

Same sitution happened to me in Virginia. I was at the stop sign, and car 1 slammed into car 2. The cop gave me the ticket of "failure to yeild the right of way" I don't feel I'm at fault so I'm going to go to court and fight it. You should do the samel, if you feel you didn't do anything

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">