• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stop sign voilation in Spotsylvania VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lunar2580

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I was stoped by a cop for voilating stop sign ( basically rolling stop). Looks like in VA it is a 4 point offense. The time listed on the ticket is wrong. he wrote 19:10PM instead of 20:10PM. Ofcourse I dont remember if I really stoped at the stop sign.
Should I ask for the video proof of me not stoping before appearing in court.
Any way I can ask the judge to Pay just the fine and not get the points?

Hey There

A start

If you Google
States that have Discovery for traffic tickets
and check out the websites on the first page you will find information on Discovery and a Public Records request.
If a court finds you guilty or you plead guilty points will be included with the fine.
If you lose at the first trial before a judge you can ask for a new trial with a jury.
More to follow,
Best Regards,
Hey There

lunar2580

Thank you for replying.
Does any one think mistake on the timing would help me. he wrote 7:10PM instead of 8:10PM. It was dark outside and he stoped me after 500 yards after the stop sign.

FlyingRon

The time is not going to be a material issue.
Discovery requests aren't going to get you anywhere.
You have no evidence (not even a belief) that you aren't guilty.

In Virginia, if your record is clean most judges will offer to let you take the driving school (it's a one day thing and if you're over 20 you can take it online) and continue your case. Once they get the certificate from the school they'll dismiss the ticket. No points, no ticket on your record, no insurance issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">