• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stopped for expired Drivers License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

capnkirk13

What is the name of your state? Washington

I was pulled over by a Washington State Patrol officer in Kittitas County, Washington State. The reason, as given by the officer, was upon running my plate and then running a check on the drivers license number of the registered owner of the vehicle, he discovered that my drivers license had expired.

I'm wondering if this is a valid reason to stop someone as it could be anybody behind the wheel of the car. I was not speeding nor was I or my car exhibiting any reason for the traffic stop. I'm also wondering about profiling as I was driving a 4th gen Honda Civic with a license plate that has the number 420 that the state issued me, I did not have it personalized. The officer even told me that he had thought to himself that he should keep his nose open do to the license plate number.

Anyways this looks like a great site...I'm going to look around some more. Thanks in advance.

C

CALIF-LAWPRO45

capnkirk13 said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

I was pulled over by a Washington State Patrol officer in Kittitas County, Washington State. The reason, as given by the officer, was upon running my plate and then running a check on the drivers license number of the registered owner of the vehicle, he discovered that my drivers license had expired.

I'm wondering if this is a valid reason to stop someone as it could be anybody behind the wheel of the car. I was not speeding nor was I or my car exhibiting any reason for the traffic stop. I'm also wondering about profiling as I was driving a 4th gen Honda Civic with a license plate that has the number 420 that the state issued me, I did not have it personalized. The officer even told me that he had thought to himself that he should keep his nose open do to the license plate number.

Anyways this looks like a great site...I'm going to look around some more. Thanks in advance.

My response:

Stop writing duplicate posts. Only post to ONE forum.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">