• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stopped in MS. by the DOT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joecool869

My brother and I were going to Dyersburg TN. From Titusville FL. (where we live)
We were driving my Ford F-250 and towing my Mercedes Benz on my 16 ft trailer I had bought to move my ATV's around when I was in better health.

We were on I-55 in MS. when we went by the DOT inspector parked at the bottom of a hill and when he saw the FLORIDA plates he was off to the races.

My truck and trailer have never been or will they ever be for hire.

Anyway he pulled us over came over and opened the passenger side door and asked to see my log book then he asked do I have a fire extinguisher and reflector triangles.

I told him that this was not a commercial vehicle and was not required to have them.

then he got into who we were towing the car for and who is signing our checks.

he was trying his best for us to admit we were making money transporting cars.

The car was a deal I made with a friend of mine and was an even trade and I was paying all the fuel and hotel cost.

He then asked if we had any thing illegal in the car and I had one joint that I told him I had so he wrote me up for simple possession and not log book not current.

Does he have the right to stop a non commercial vehicle in the first place?

Any help would be great

thank you

jc

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">