• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stopped for reckless driving in VA - no ticket yet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kevinnc

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Virginia

I live in North Carolina

I was traveling through southwest virginia today and was stopped by a state trooper. He said that an off-duty state trooper had called and asked him to pull me over for reckless driving.

The off-duty officer stopped behind the trooper that stopped me, but never got out of her car. The trooper that stopped me asked what had happened, and I explained that the only thing I could think of was that the off-duty officer passed me, and I fell in behind her to pass some slower moving vehicles. Shortly after I pulled in behind her, one of the slower vehicles ahead pulled over in front of her and she slammed on her brakes. I had to abruptly change lanes to avoid hitting her, and in the process passed her. She then held back, and I signalled and moved back over in front of her.

He then got my license and registration and went back to talk to her. When he came back to talk to me, she left. He said that since he hadn't seen anything, he couldn't cite me. But he said that he had given the off-duty trooper my information and that she might decide to write a "warrant". He said that she was in a hurry, and had to leave, but that she hadn't decided what to do.

I am praying that they are just trying to teach me a lesson about following too closely, which they have. Do I need to worry about finding a court summons in my mailbox?

Thanks in advance-

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">