• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stopped School Bus Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KJS

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

I came upon an approaching school bus the yellow lights had been put on (he was still moving). I passed him(I was going east, him west) before he got to a full stop. No red lights or red sign were ever turned on. I got pulled over for passing while he had red lights. What are my points for this and fine. I was told the judge would determine that and that I had to show up for a court date. Will my license be suspended or what. I just moved here and no one seems to answer my questions--the police officer or the traffic court officials?

I do have 2 points on my record from 18 months ago in another state???

lwpat

Passing a stopped school bus is a serious violation and do not expect any help from the judge. If you want to keep your license and avoid a major insurance increase, retain an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">