• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stopped for speeding.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ih8cops

What is the name of your state? FL

I was stopped for speeding and without seatbelt. :eek:

I wonder if there is any chance to win if plead not guilty ? If I loose what fine will I face other than ticket ? :rolleyes:

You Are Guilty

ih8cops said:
I wonder if there is any chance to win if plead not guilty ?
Hell yeah! Most people in your situation walk away scott-free if they contest the citations!
ih8cops said:
If I loose what fine will I face other than ticket ? :rolleyes:
What other fines do you think there are?

Sincerely,
ih8retards

sukharev

Before this thread gets closed or wiped out, let me just say: you can get a decent answer if you don't come through as coccky, and are well aware that there is no free lunch (that is that you don't easily get out of the tickets, and have to give a detailed story as to why you think you did not deserve it). Just asking the question that has been answered a million times before, or not doing your homework (such as being able to find out yourself what the fines are), will typically be met with appropriate ridicule.

So, my advice (not LEGAL), is to come back with another thread, this time stating the facts, and explaining the reasons you'd like to contest the ticket. Before you do so, read through as many of the threads as you can, finding useful bits and ignoring (or laughing at) the rest. The more intelligent your question is, the better chances you have to get a real answer. And, drop the attitude, just be practical and polite.

fairisfair

yeah, just plead not guilty, and cross your heart and hope to die, stick a needle in your eye, that ought to work? won't it??? you don't actually need to have any kind of evidence**************.do you????:rolleyes:

averad

ih8cops said:
What is the name of your state? FL

I was stopped for speeding and without seatbelt. :eek:

I wonder if there is any chance to win if plead not guilty ? If I loose what fine will I face other than ticket ? :rolleyes:
Yes you have a chance to win if you plead not guilty.
You also have a chance to loose if you please not guilty.
You also could get into a highspeed crash on your way to court.
You could win the lottery playing the traffic ticket number you received.

See we cant read minds, tell the future or sway judges so we cannot answer you.

Just for laughs how fast were you going and what was the speed limit?

I

ih8cops

All right.

On my ticket it is written that I was at 45 mph in 30mph zone.

I did not have speeding tickets since 2000.

Right now I consider two ways:

1) Pay fine + traffic school. Will they erase my points ? Will my insurance increase ?

2) Go to court and pray to god that FL cops are lazy :D I already plan to use several arguments.
Now if I loose how much will they charge me on top of my fine ? (approx.)

averad

ih8cops said:
All right.

On my ticket it is written that I was at 45 mph in 30mph zone.

I did not have speeding tickets since 2000.

Right now I consider two ways:

1) Pay fine + traffic school. Will they erase my points ? Will my insurance increase ?

2) Go to court and pray to god that FL cops are lazy :D I already plan to use several arguments.
Now if I loose how much will they charge me on top of my fine ? (approx.)
You are so stupid it makes my head hurt.

Good luck against the man.

I

ih8cops

averad said:
You are so stupid it makes my head hurt.

Good luck against the man.

don't have anything else to say - don't say it at all...people come here for advice

Last edited by a moderator:

You Are Guilty

sukharev said:
Before this thread gets closed or wiped out, let me just say: you can get a decent answer if you don't come through as coccky, and are well aware that there is no free lunch (that is that you don't easily get out of the tickets, and have to give a detailed story as to why you think you did not deserve it). Just asking the question that has been answered a million times before, or not doing your homework (such as being able to find out yourself what the fines are), will typically be met with appropriate ridicule.

So, my advice (not LEGAL), is to come back with another thread, this time stating the facts, and explaining the reasons you'd like to contest the ticket. Before you do so, read through as many of the threads as you can, finding useful bits and ignoring (or laughing at) the rest. The more intelligent your question is, the better chances you have to get a real answer. And, drop the attitude, just be practical and polite.
Normally excellent advice. However, my beef was with providing advice to someone with a user name of "ih8cops", not because of the retarded way the question was posed. (I'm sure Carl would be thrilled to help this guy out :rolleyes: )

averad

ih8cops said:
just stfu, noob

don't have anything else to say - don't say it at all...people come here for advice
I am going to try and guess your defense:

* Everybody was going the same speed.
* He's picking on me because [fill in the blank].
* The radar was wrong.
* I was going to see my sick/dieing/elderly/handicapped/etc. [fill in the blank].

<removed helpfull comment>

Last edited:
I

ih8cops

Believe it or not, I was stopped a while ago for doing 60 in 45 area. Cop stopped me and didn't even give a warning. He checked my license and asked why I drove like that. It was on highway. I said "everyone was going like that". After he let me go. Maybe my driving record saved me. And why you asking me about Florida laws ? I thought I should be the one asking these questions here. Nevermind if you're not the staff.

Last edited:

fairisfair

ih8cops said:
Believe it or not, I was stopped a while ago for doing 60 in 45 area. Cop stopped me and didn't even give a warning. He checked my license and asked why I drove like that. It was on highway. I said "everyone was going like that". After he let me go. Maybe my driving record saved me.
Well, dude, apparently right after that, your luck ran out. i would be sure to mention this in court, I am sure that the fact that you got away with it once before will impress the he** out of them.

averad

ih8cops said:
Believe it or not, I was stopped a while ago for doing 60 in 45 area. Cop stopped me and didn't even give a warning. He checked my license and asked why I drove like that. It was on highway. I said "everyone was going like that". After he let me go. Maybe my driving record saved me.
What does that have to do with challenging a ticket in court?

I

ih8cops

averad said:
What does that have to do with challenging a ticket in court?
what does this question have anything to do with my questions ? I think I made it clear. And you are keep on giving me bs answers.

Last edited by a moderator:

CdwJava

You Are Guilty said:
Normally excellent advice. However, my beef was with providing advice to someone with a user name of "ih8cops", not because of the retarded way the question was posed. (I'm sure Carl would be thrilled to help this guy out :rolleyes: )
Dittos.

I saw the moniker and have decided to just sit this one out ... so, please, have fun all! I have my popcorn.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">