• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stopping @ LAX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

VJmotion

Los Angeles, CA
LAX

I received a stopping ticket @ the SWA terminal when I dropped my brother off at the curbside drop off. The lane closest to the curb was coned off, but three other cars we dropping off passengers. There were no signs indicating that I could no drop anyone off curbside. The officer said the sign was at the entrance of the airport. When I drove by again to see if it was there I noticed an electronic sign that displayed numerous messages. One of them mentioned that there was no curb side drop off that day due to heightened security. There was so much traffic that day that the sign was often blocked from view by buses. Nowhere was it posted at curbside that the drop off procedure had changed.

I'm pretty certain that there needs to be proper notification with issues like this. Anyone know where I can research vehicle codes? Anyone know a code that would help me contest this citation?

Thank you,

VJMotion

racer72

Do a Google search of Patriot Act. Read the whole thing. That is all the ammo the officer needed to cite you.

CdwJava

It has nothing to do with the Patriot Act.

You can challenge the parking cite based on improper notification and you might stand half a chance. But, if you left your car standing in a traffic lane, then it may diminish the defense argument because normally nobody is allowed to stop in traffic anyway.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">