• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subpoena evidence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Narlybob

I am reposting this question in the traffic law section to see if someone can help.
(California)
I was stopped for a failure to yield. I will be going to court to fight my charges, but need the police vehicle video tape which has been booked as evidence. WITHOUT a lawyer, can I and how would I request this evidence?
Thanks in advance.
--

P

plifter

I would contact the court that you're scheduled to appear in to find out how to subpoena this evidence. You should not need a lawyer to do this.

N

Narlybob

I figured the court house may have that info, and will be going there tomorrow to see about it.
However, I thought evidence cannot be submitted without the defendant knowing and or viewing such evidence first. Yes, I know of it as it is stated in the police report. But, it is the viewing part I was looking for and how I can have access to it.
Thanks.

N

Narlybob

I found to subpoena evidence such as video tape, it cannot be requested until after an arrangement. Once a trial has been set, then it may be requested from the District Attorney's office where the case will be handled. This can be done without a lawyer.
Thanks for all the replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">