• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Subway rules - Notice Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GMendes

In July 2008, I went to New York City to study for five months. As required, I got a student visa. By the end of my course I was planning on traveling for a month around the country and then return to Brazil. The problem is that in December of last year, I received a fine for walking between subway cars. I did not know it was forbidden, because there was always someone walking around and nothing ever happened to them. Anyway, the police told me to leave the train and gave me a fine. At the time I just gave them my driver's license from Brazil, since I did not have my passport with me. After traveling around, in January 2009 I ended up going back to Brazil without paying the fine. Now I'm trying to do that. I'm afraid this will bring me problems, especially in time to return to the United States. So, what can I do and how do I pay the fine? What will probably happen? Can this situation cause me any problems? What kind of problems?
Thank you.

You Are Guilty

In July 2008, I went to New York City to study for five months. As required, I got a student visa. By the end of my course I was planning on traveling for a month around the country and then return to Brazil. The problem is that in December of last year, I received a fine for walking between subway cars. I did not know it was forbidden, because there was always someone walking around and nothing ever happened to them. Anyway, the police told me to leave the train and gave me a fine. At the time I just gave them my driver's license from Brazil, since I did not have my passport with me. After traveling around, in January 2009 I ended up going back to Brazil without paying the fine. Now I'm trying to do that. I'm afraid this will bring me problems, especially in time to return to the United States. So, what can I do and how do I pay the fine? What will probably happen? Can this situation cause me any problems? What kind of problems?
Thank you.
You should be able to resolve it fairly easily (i.e. with just money - no jail :))

Start reading here:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/parking-tickets-non-moving-violations-44/violation-transit-adjudication-bureau-469584.html

Then here:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/parking-tickets-non-moving-violations-44/ticket-moving-between-subway-cars-379755.html

And then, when you're ready, call the TAB and ask what you need to do to resolve the ticket:
(US country code?) + (347) 643-5805

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">