• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summoned to appear

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

driverpa

What is the name of your state? PA

Received a summons to appear in civil court and was wondering if the matter could be settled out of court by paying the plaintiff (now) the amount in damages he is suing me for. If this is possible, what would be the most prudent way of going about this.
Any advice will be appreciated.

racer72

driverpa said:
What is the name of your state? PA

Received a summons to appear in civil court and was wondering if the matter could be settled out of court by paying the plaintiff (now) the amount in damages he is suing me for. If this is possible, what would be the most prudent way of going about this.
Any advice will be appreciated.
Grab a pen and your check book, write a check for the amount you are being sued and deliver it to the plaintiff. I would insist on a signed receipt saying the person will drop the lawsuit in X number of days.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">