• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Summons: failed to stop @ stop sign, THERE IS NO STOP SIGN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smartag

In NY, I was stopped for failing to stop at stop sign, there is no stop sign at that intersection, there is a working traffic signal, can I get official documentation stating locations of traffic signals, to confirm my claim, and is there a possibilty to have it dismissed without having to spend my day in court?

seniorjudge

smartag said:
In NY, I was stopped for failing to stop at stop sign, there is no stop sign at that intersection, there is a working traffic signal, can I get official documentation stating locations of traffic signals, to confirm my claim, and is there a possibilty to have it dismissed without having to spend my day in court?
Tell us what statute number you were charged under.

HomeGuru

smartag said:

**A: so why did you not stop at the NY intersection?

smartag

There was a green signal, why should I stop? he stopped me 3 blocks ahead of that intersection, there is a street nearby that has a stop sign, I assume he meant that stop sign, for which I did make a full stop too. But in the summons he worte the intersection that has a traffic signal not a stop sign.

sukharev

To answer your original question, you can certainly request the information from the city hall, under Freedom of Information Act.

That said, I think a photograph of the intersection with the street sign and traffic light should be sufficient, take it to court and show it to the judge.

seniorjudge

sukharev said:
To answer your original question, you can certainly request the information from the city hall, under Freedom of Information Act.

That said, I think a photograph of the intersection with the street sign and traffic light should be sufficient, take it to court and show it to the judge.
FOIA is federal and has nothing to do with the facts in this thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">