• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Super Speeder ticket under 21/GA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodstockguy

I have potentially lost my license. I am 19, got a ticket for 96 in a 75 zone on I-75 near Tenn. I didn't think I was going that fast-was traveling with traffic and speeding- but that was what the officer wrote it for. I have never had a ticket. I go to college, have a scholarship, work three jobs to pay for it and loosing my license will be devestating. I corresponded with the Solicitor of the probate court and he told me to come to court, plead not guilty and I would have to approach the Judge. He told me in these cases he recommends pre-trial intervention, signing a contract agreeing to no tickets and taking a driving course plus paying a fine. I have already signed up for a defensive driving couse prior to the court date in July. I plan on scheduling a pre-trial conference with the Solicitor before court.

I know that I was wrong for speeding. Should I go with what the Solicitor says? I know the Judge makes the final decision. Any constructive input would be appreciated.

davew128

I have potentially lost my license. I am 19, got a ticket for 96 in a 75 zone on I-75 near Tenn. I didn't think I was going that fast-was traveling with traffic and speeding
I can't imagine a situation where traffic was ordinarily driving at 96MPH.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I can't imagine a situation where traffic was ordinarily driving at 96MPH.
You've not experienced Georgia drivers. They like to speed EVERYWHERE. :cool:

That's one of the reasons Georgia enacted the 'Super Speeder Law'. They can't get those people to remember that Talladega is in Alabama and one has to be in a Nascar stock car to run that track.
http://www.safespeedsgeorgia.org/

Last edited:

woodstockguy

Thanks OHroadwarrior

Thanks for the one constructive comment. You other folks certainly are funny. I guess you get what you pay for...nothing.

You Are Guilty

Thanks for the one constructive comment. You other folks certainly are funny. I guess you get what you pay for...nothing.
What exactly are you looking for? The secret dismissal word lawyers use? ('Cause I'm not going to reveal it). You were given the only possible advice in the first reply to your post.

Go forth and speed no more, young man. (Although, from the sound of it, it looks like you won't have a choice after your license is suspended).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">