• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

susp. license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gottubeme

What is the name of your state? California

My license was suspended for a fta. When I went to the DMV to see about it I was told to contact the court in which I fta. The court then referred me to a collection agency.They told me I would have to pay over 3000 dollars to pay the fines. The tickets were for #1 driving without license in possesion #2 speeding #3 no proof of insurance. I went prior to date to appear on ticket. I spoke to the clerk. I showed her a copy of my drivers license and proof of insurance and she gave me a later date to appear for the speeding because i did not qualify for traffic school. This is the date I failed to appear. Now I am being charged for all three offenses. I can not pay 3000 dollars at this time but I really need to drive. I have to work in order to pay. I have to drive to work. Is there any way I can get the fees reduced or appear in court for a payment plan. The collection agency told me that i had to pay off 75% of the fees before the judge would hear my case. I really would like to clear this up. But is this the way the system handles fta/ftp now? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

racer72

Go to the judge and tell him your story. No collection agency can deny you permission to go to court. You were told that so they can collect the money, they could care less if you need to drive. They are afraid the judge may reduce the fines and charges and they may not get anything. Go to the court and make an appointment for a hearing tomorrow.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">