• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended licence in CT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Goleaph

I was pulled over recently in my roommates car,
his registration expired 2 weeks prior to me getting pulled over
and the officer made me aware of my licence being suspended over 2 years ago (i have had it for 3 years and this is my first time ever getting pulled over)
the licence was suspended for an unpaid ticket that i plead not guilty for, but never received a court date, unfortunatly at a time I didn't take care of it and forgot about it after a while.

the car got registered a couple of days ago and i sent the ticket fine for the original ticket.

On the court appearance ticket i am charged with a misdemeanor (licence) and a violation (registration).

I was not arrested, but my car did get towed (straight to my house, thankfully)

Is there anything i should do before court on tues and is there any advice you could give me on the situation. I work 20 minutes away from home and losing my licence would literally cripple me and i'm not even thinking about the possible jail time.

if it matters i was unaware of both violations when i got pulled over

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">